The Program goal is to prepare practicing experts in the field of human rights protection possessing the necessary knowledge and values as well as high level of legal English language. Likewise, it is targeted to reinterpret human rights concept in the third millennium with consideration of ethical and moral foundations in educational and research processes.
The Program is designed to combine value-oriented discourse in the field of human rights protection with advanced practical legal skills within Ukrainian and international legal environments, thus enabling our graduates to find legal careers successfully within corporate and public spheres.
Program’s expectations are linked with the creation of new generation of Ukrainian lawyers capable of ensuring human rights protection, formation of preconditions for systemic changes in this area in Ukraine, establishment of center of higher education in the field of human rights preparing experts in this sphere and facilitating the development and dissemination of knowledge concerning educational methods and studying human rights within realm of higher education.
Duration and format of the Program
1,5 years, full-time education.
Program’s participants will gain:
- relevant legal knowledge, particularly in the field of human rights;
- practical skills and experience;
- ethical standards of the legal profession;
- training in Legal English and Legal Writing;
- international experience and networking.
- high-quality teaching;
- emphasis on ethics and values as an integral part of the legal profession;
- teaching staff including a wide range of practitioners experienced in human rights protection, specializing in litigious representation in European Court of Human Rights and other international institutions;
- foreign lecturers involvement in teaching;
- soft skills development essential for legal profession conduct;
- study visits to international human rights organizations and agencies located in Geneva, Strasbourg, etc.
Program’s framework is grounded on studying courses devoted to the contemporary aspects of human rights protection (International Human Rights Law, European Human Rights Law), human rights protection in particular areas (business environment, ecological environment etc.), human rights in the practice of international bodies and organizations (United Nations, European Union, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, European Court of Human Rights), philosophical, political and ethical human rights issues. Particular attention is drawn to training in Legal English and Legal Writing. Besides students are bound to do 6-week internship at legal firms, governmental and non-governmental organizations in Ukraine and abroad.
Employment and career prospects
Graduate students are expected to obtain a master degree in law. This degree will grant opportunities for employment at a number of international organizations and governmental agencies specializing in human rights protection. Many legal firms include human rights protection in their field practices acknowledging its importance for the practical jurisprudence.